Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imperiects
Level 7

"Enhanced Remote"

I have had a premier plus for a while now (just over a year). It was in my living room. The remote controlled both the tv power and its volume. I bought an Ultra and moved the premier+ to a different room. Now the enhanced remote will control the tv power but not the volume. The roku setting says the remote cannot control volume (I know it can). CEC is active on tv.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
brooksjo
Level 7

Re: "Enhanced Remote"

Quote:
Imperiects:

I have had a premier plus for a while now (just over a year). It was in my living room. The remote controlled both the tv power and its volume. I bought an Ultra and moved the premier+ to a different room. Now the enhanced remote will control the tv power but not the volume. The roku setting says the remote cannot control volume (I know it can). CEC is active on tv.

Hello,

New here. I have 2016 Ultra. The volume must theoretically work for the TV in the event that it supports HDMI-CEC. I tried to  empower this element on the Roku and in the settings of the TV. Mine supports it, yet at the same. it does not work with the volume controls on the TV, just the headphones. The 2017 Ultra has an assigned power catch with volume controls that works with any TV.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brooksjo
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

Re: "Enhanced Remote"

Upgrade the remote, you buy it from Roku for $29,99, and if you don't need the headphone jack, buy the $19.99 remote instead. They will control your tv power and volume by IR.
0 Kudos