Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
courtney_mariie
Level 7

new remote orrr??

Jump to solution

So my puppy completely destroyed my roku remote... & for some reason I cannot get the one downloaded on my phone to sync with my tv... If I buy another remote will it automatically sync with my player orrrrr??   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: new remote orrr??

Jump to solution

@courtney_mariie 

Thanks for the posts.

Normally, we don't recommend Roku device remotes as a dog toy, but it seems like your pup really enjoys our product! 

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku Express, you can purchase a Simple remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

It depends on the roku you have, and the roku remote you buy. what is the name and model number o your roku. Is it a roku stick, roku tv, and roku console?

Edmund
0 Kudos
courtney_mariie
Level 7

Jump to solution

Pretty sure I have the roku express 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

The express uses an IR remote, so the new remote should work out of the box. With it using an IR remote you don't need a true roku remote, a cheap universal remote with roku listed will do just as a good. Check target, walmart or even the dollar store. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@courtney_mariie 

Thanks for the posts.

Normally, we don't recommend Roku device remotes as a dog toy, but it seems like your pup really enjoys our product! 

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku Express, you can purchase a Simple remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos