Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

new out of the box remote doesnt work roku express + and it has no pairing button

My old roku was no longer supported so I purchased a new Roku express + and out of the box it doesn't work. I did follow all ( I do mean all) the trouble shooting info from the Roku site. I did have a universal remote and used that, and it works. so I know its the remote I have an issue with not the streaming devise.  remote doesn't have a pairing button so I'm at a loss Devise model is 3910RW

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: new out of the box remote doesnt work roku express + and it has no pairing button

Point the remote at your phone's camera and see if you see a flash when you press a remote button.  If not, check the batteries (again).  The Express+ remote is IR and doesn't require pairing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: new out of the box remote doesnt work roku express + and it has no pairing button

And the batteries are facing the same way? And did try new batteries as well? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

did that and no flash to the camera lens visible, tried new batteries nothing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

yes did both and no results

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Take it back an ask for exchange. I just received in the mail today a 3710 express+ from Roku, an upgrade offer for a 3500 stick I had on my account, $15 and change. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

well I purchased it thru Roku. Have you ever tried to get ahold of them. Cant get past the contact fill in the blank screen with the auto populate selections. It jumps me to trouble shooting screens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

@RokuDanny-R

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jwvhelena 

Thanks for the note. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

send your email [personal information removed] and I will provide the info requested

0 Kudos