Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jauzon
Level 7

lost remote control

Community, I need your help.

I have moved to another country and lost my Roku stick Remote control. Before movinn I never used roku mobile app.

The main problem is that I do not remember my past network information (SSID, user, password).

I connected Roku to my TV but I dont have any way to control it, due that I can not configurate mobile becuase It doen not find it on my new network. Any suggestion how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

JM

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: lost remote control

Find a cheap universal remote that supports Roku.  You can't connect to a network without a remote.

Oops!  Never mind.  Didn't notice you had a stick.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

The OP has a Stick, so cheap universal won't work. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
makaiguy

This is a stick? You need a Roku remote that connects via wifi-direct since the stick is meant to be used behind the tv where a line of sight IR remote can't reach it. This means a dedicated remote from Roku, not an IR universal remote.

One more potential fly in the ointment -- what model stick do you have? If it's one of the old ones in a purple case, Roku no longer has remotes available for it.

Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
Jrphilbrook
Level 7

Help with connecting roku remote app to new WiFi.

Our physical remote lost pairing over a year ago. We have been using apps on our phones with no problems. Today we switch routers in the house and WiFi changed so we cannot connect our phones to the roku stick. So no remote and no app works. We have tried all the pairing options with original remote for some time now. That will not work. How can we connect our apps to the roku device when it is on a different network?

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: Help with connecting roku remote app to new WiFi.

@Jrphilbrook 

Can't be done.  Read the thousand or so similar questions.  Either setup your new Wi-Fi to match your old or get a remote.

0 Kudos