Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leeroi
Level 7

logitech harmony 700 does't "see" roku remote

I am using a Roku 3 model 4200x. I have a Roku activity set up on my Harmony 700. It works fine but I am unable to teach the Harmony new buttons. After plugging the Harmony remote into a USB slot of my laptop and selecting the Roku device, the Harmony software gives me a list of Roku buttons which can be learned. I select one from the list, hold the remotes facing each other and then press that button on the Roku remote. the Harmony screen tells me "ready to learn", but absolutely nothing happens. The Harmony remote doesn't seem to be recognizing the signal from the Harmony remote.

I've searched through posts on both the Roku and Harmony forums but can't find my specific issue.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Re: logitech harmony 700 does't "see" roku remote

The remote for roku 3 is Wifi-direct, RF, so you can't use it to teach, sorry. Only IR remotes can be used to teach a learning remote.
0 Kudos
leeroi
Level 7

Darn! So there's no work around to teach individual button commands?
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Not from that remote. I'm sure whatever you're missing can be found in harmony software. Try other roku model #'s. Or get a IR roku remote, from Roku, Amazon or ebay.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"leeroi" wrote:
Darn! So there's no work around to teach individual button commands?

Is there a reason you're trying learning mode instead of using the software to simply program the buttons? Roku codes are available for programming on that remote.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
jontalk
Level 8

I have the same setup but use a Harmony 650 which is the same technology as the 700. Like others have commented the Roku remote is WiFi direct while the Harmony is RF, so there communication with the receiver is entirely different. I have no problem with using both remotes and sometimes use the Roku mobile app which allows voice commands.
Roku 3 - Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
LG OLED55B7A, Roku 3, Marantz SR-6005, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.
0 Kudos