Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coreyhanks
Level 7

i lost my remote and made a stupid mistake

im typing this 3 minutes after what happened so i lost my remot to my jvc roku tv so i used apps on phone and pc well i was planning to factory reset it so i could use youtube again and well so when i did it disconnected from wifi then i relized i need a connection to control it from pc or phone so now im **bleep**ed and i cant use the buttons on the tv bc the model i have is only one button/the power button

Anyway the question is can i use a diffrent roku tv remote . exaple like a phillips roku model remote or no?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: i lost my remote and made a stupid mistake

@coreyhanks 

The answer is: maybe.

This is tricky, since Roku doesn't actually make the TVs. Roku supplies the "smart TV" interface that the TV uses, but not the actual hardware.

You can buy remotes from Roku that will work with any Roku TV. https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

You could infer that all Roku TV remotes are compatible. However, that's not necessarily the case. You see, the remotes that come with the TVs are IR remotes, but the ones you buy directly from Roku are WiFi Direct remotes. Roku TVs support both types. If all the Roku TV manufacturer IR remotes were compatible, Roku would probably sell them. So, I'm leaning away from one working on a different brand. But, they mght.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee knows. He's the go-to guy for remotes.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Tivoburkee

It has to be a roku tv remote, any of the following brands of roku tv use the same code set, tcl, insignia, philips, jvc, hitachi, haier, sanyo, westinghouse, magnavox, onn, and element. Just stay away from hisense and sharp roku tv remotes, which are useless on the above brands. 

Roku wifi voice remote which can be purchased at walmart, best buy or amazon once paired will work with your roku tv. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
coreyhanks
Level 7

Will i be able to connect to the tv from the "Lets get started" page cause if i have to go to setting i cant

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@coreyhanks wrote:

Will i be able to connect to the tv from the "Lets get started" page cause if i have to go to setting i cant

The Voice Remote will prompt you to pair when you boot the Roku and insert batteries into the remote.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos