Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I change the remote control setup so it does not control the tv power?

how can I change the remote control setup so it does not control the tv power? I see how to enable it in the setting menu but no way to disable it.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3

Re: how can I change the remote control setup so it does not control the tv power?

BTW - I have a Roku Ultra

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: how can I change the remote control setup so it does not control the tv power?

Go thru the remote's set up procedure again.  This time lie to it and tell it the sound did not go off when it really did.  Eventually tell it the sound did stop when it really didn't to tie it to a tv you don't have.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Remember you can't lose the Tv power command without also losing the Volume & mute commands as well. It's all or nothing. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos