Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ani56
Level 7

hi, i have an insignia roku tv, the remote control, remote control is not making connection.

hi, my name is aixa,  i have an insignia roku tv and a roku remote control, but the remote control is not making any connection with the tv. the flash on the remove is solid and blinking or flashing but but when i click the button to move to a different channels or the live tv app, or roku tv is not moving or making any connection is like block, can you help me with that i tried to disconnect the tv and took out the batteries and unplug tv and even unplug the roku stick and nothing is working. please assist. thanks

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: hi, i have an insignia roku tv, the remote control, remote control is not making connection.

Is this a tv with roku built-in? Or just regular tv with roku attached? Or both?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ani56
Level 7

Re: hi, i have an insignia roku tv, the remote control, remote control is not making connection.

HI, Im still having the same problem with the remote control. it was about to get ready to work when i turn the tv the problem arise again i cannot change the channel or click into any channel app specialy live tv. and the internet is not connected either. please assist

0 Kudos
Ani56
Level 7

is an insignia roku tv 

0 Kudos
Ani56
Level 7

i believe is a roku built in

0 Kudos
Ani56
Level 7

hi, yesterday the technical support was about to help me, because it did worked for one moment then the problem arised again. please assist 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Insignia roku remotes are IR, if it doesn't work its either a bad remote or something is in the way of the remote signal reaching the tv? You can test the remote by pointing it at your cellphone camera and pressing a key if you see flashes its working. Roku only supplies UI for roku tv's, if its bad remote you need to get in touch with tv manufacturer. The only remotes roku sells that would control a Roku tv are wifi voice remotes, about $20. You can found many Insignia roku tv IR remotes on ebay. 

Or go to walmart it has the voice remote or go with universal remote like the One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote also sold at walmart. Here's photo of one next to roku tv wifi voice remote:

P1010420 (800x600).jpg

It work great with Roku tv's. About $16.88 at walmart. Or about $10 on ebay for open box ones. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ani56
Level 7

hi, i have an insignia roku tv and the remote control neither the tv are making connection when i click the button to access the channel or the the app it doesnt work, can you please help? neither i cant tream any channel. please assist.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ani56

Thanks for the follow up.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Insignia here: https://www.insigniaproducts.com/contact-us or at 1-877-467-4289.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos