Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeweyH
Level 7

channel selection not having numbers on the remote

Why are there not numbers on the remote, it takes forever to channel down, down, down,down,…up, up,up,…, never buy this again!

6 REPLIES 6\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: channel selection not having numbers on the remote

@DeweyH 

Not sure I have the context of your issue. Are you using a Roku TV and watching over the air channels via an antenna? Or are you using an app that carries many channels (Sling TV, YouTube TV, etc)?

The device you have (Settings > System > About) and the app you're using will help us better determine if there might be a solution to the issue you're encountering.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
DeweyH
Level 7

Watching over the air channels, to get from 11.1 to 83.4, how many times do you have to hit the "up" button?  A ton of times, would be so much easier if you had numbers on the remote like any other remote i have ever used.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@DeweyH 

That helps clarify.

I'm just amazed you get that many channels. I get 25. It seems you get a lot more than I do. I can see your concern.

I use Tablo and Air TV (I manage the streaming setup for multiple residences) and they allow me to quickly call up a grid that lets me go to the channel I want. I use those devices in order to put the antenna content on multiple TVs that access them through Roku. That seems to not be something you do. I certainly see how having so many channels available can become a concern with the remote.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Pebleshair
Level 7

Seriously!! especially with the “Roku live” channel, when you’re talking about channels from number 19 to number 1108, it’s a pain in the you know what to have to scroll through that many channels! it would sure be nice to have a Roku remote where we could punch actual numbers into it and go directly to a channel/program. 

Captron12
Level 7

Has anyone tried a universal remote to directly punch in a channel number? It is too time consuming to run up a bunch of channels, plus it would be nice to toggle between two channels.

0 Kudos
lorangs
Level 7

I was just told by Roku support that they do not support universal remotes with Roku TV's but "you can certainly try one" if you would like...what I was told.....

0 Kudos