Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

backlit remote

I just purchased the Streaming Stick+ 4K Headphone Edition with Voice Remote with TV Power and Volume Streaming Media Player - Model: 3811R from Best Buy.  Is there a backlit remote for this or any other Roku?

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Level 20

Re: backlit remote

Sorry but no. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 8

if Roku doesn't make a backlit remote, is there a universal backlit remote that works with roku?

Level 20

Not with Roku stick which uses only wifi signals. You'll have to get something like the Harmony Elite that comes hub that will communicate with roku stick by IP(Internet). Probably be cheaper to get a Roku that accepts IR command and so cheaper universal remote would control it, and are backlit.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 20

If you were to get a roku that accepts IR commands, like the Express, Express+, Premiere, Premiere+, Ultra LT, or Ultra.  I like the Inteset 422-3 4 in 1 universal remote, which has backlighting. It also gives you access to discrete Channel commands like Disney+ is code 00070, to map it to a key on the Inteset remote:

1. roku device

2. press and hold SET for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 4

4. tap SET for one blink

5. enter 5 digit code 

6. pick a key

There are many more commands available. 

Edmund
Level 8

I see what you mean. The Inteset 422-3 4 in 1 universal remote has a much better price point than the Logitech Harmony Elite, for sure.  Are the discrete channel options basically shortcuts?  At this point I can't exchange or return the Roku - Streaming Stick+ 4K Headphone Edition, but this information is good to know, & you've saved me a lot of time shopping around. I wonder when will ROKU implement a backlit remote?