Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonna
Reel Rookie

backlit remote

I just purchased the Streaming Stick+ 4K Headphone Edition with Voice Remote with TV Power and Volume Streaming Media Player - Model: 3811R from Best Buy.  Is there a backlit remote for this or any other Roku?

Tags (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: backlit remote

Sorry but no. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jonna
Reel Rookie

if Roku doesn't make a backlit remote, is there a universal backlit remote that works with roku?

Tivoburkee

Not with Roku stick which uses only wifi signals. You'll have to get something like the Harmony Elite that comes hub that will communicate with roku stick by IP(Internet). Probably be cheaper to get a Roku that accepts IR command and so cheaper universal remote would control it, and are backlit.

Edmund

Tivoburkee

If you were to get a roku that accepts IR commands, like the Express, Express+, Premiere, Premiere+, Ultra LT, or Ultra.  I like the Inteset 422-3 4 in 1 universal remote, which has backlighting. It also gives you access to discrete Channel commands like Disney+ is code 00070, to map it to a key on the Inteset remote:

1. roku device

2. press and hold SET for two blinks, release

3. enter 9 9 4

4. tap SET for one blink

5. enter 5 digit code 

6. pick a key

There are many more commands available. 

Edmund

jonna
Reel Rookie

I see what you mean. The Inteset 422-3 4 in 1 universal remote has a much better price point than the Logitech Harmony Elite, for sure.  Are the discrete channel options basically shortcuts?  At this point I can't exchange or return the Roku - Streaming Stick+ 4K Headphone Edition, but this information is good to know, & you've saved me a lot of time shopping around. I wonder when will ROKU implement a backlit remote? 

Glamour
Reel Rookie

People have been requesting for a backlit Roku remote for MANY YEARS and Roku continues to ignore us.

I would prefer a larger remote with back-lighting than the stupid, little remote that comes with most Roku products.

VickiRae
Reel Rookie

I do hate the stupid little remote too!

jonna
Reel Rookie

I've been using the little remote for a while now & it would be an improvement if it were backlit & if the other app tabs on the bottom weren't there at all. I only watch the TV in the dark, so I've adapted by memorizing the remote buttons or if I make a mistake, I'll shed some light from my phone.

CherryS
Reel Rookie

Backlit Remote!!!!!

Why doesn't Roku make a backlit remote!! This is ridiculous!! I don't want to get another separate remote! They are so far behind on remotes! It's frustrating to try to see the buttons on the remote without a light! What is wrong with them! Get up to date people! So many other people are complaining as well. Why don't they accommodate the buyers of their products!