Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ATLRob23
Level 7

Worthless Remote on Express!

Seriously???  ROKU bothers to make a service where you need to juggle 2 remotes to watch TV and adjust volume?  C'Mon ROKU Product People!  Quite frustrating your customers!  I just bought my third Roku for a little Kitchen TV I just added.  Couldn't believe that the remote on the Express doesn't control volume.  That should be table stakes in 2020!!  VERY disappointed!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Worthless Remote on Express!

Only wifi remotes have tv controls, and the price of the wifi remote would double the price you paid for the express. You can purchase the wifi separately from walmart, best buy or amazon. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
ATLRob23
Level 7

Re: Worthless Remote on Express!

I don't think it's double at all.  The difference in the cost between the Express and Express+ that controls volume appears to be $10.  My point is why manufacture such a stripped down product as the Express in the first place if it's only going to frustrate customers and give Roku a bad brand experience?  Now I own a piece of Roku equipment where I have to use multiple remotes.  It stinks!

0 Kudos