Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working a roku without remote

I just moved and my tv will not connect to my new wireless network. I don’t have a remote and i don’t know how to reset it ( if i can ) .

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
NTM23
Streaming Star

Re: Working a roku without remote

So, does that mean the Roku app is out of the question? If so, try to use the buttons on the TV itself.

0 Kudos

do not have my roku remote

Need to hook up my phone up to my roku box but won’t allow me to do so without IP address but I can’t get on it without my remote but I have my serial number which is X00400WX9V4G

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: do not have my roku remote

You can only use the cellphone app after the roku is set up to internet and not before. So you will need a true roku remote initially, once it knows your network and password, you can use the cellphone that is set to the same internet credentials. A roku doesn't have IP address until it is connected to the internet. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Peanutdamac6 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You will need a physical remote to reconnect your Roku device to your wireless network.

Can you provide us with the Roku model device that you have so we can recommend the appropriate replacement remote?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hi, I have this same issue as I’ve moved house and can’t connect my Roku stick to the internet. I don’t know the IP address or anything? Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

As has been stated over and over again, you need a physical remote.  Your only other option is to set up your new Wi-Fi to match your old Wi-Fi (same frequency band, SSID/network name, and password) and hope it connects.  If it connects to your new Wi-Fi you can go back to using the app to control it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Cheyanne7

I had the same problem.. if you know the name and password of last known internet connection for your ROKU device, YOU’RE IN !! 
you need 2 phones, the previous internet connection and a mobile hotspot. 
1.) change your mobile hotspot information to the last know internet connection to ROKU device. Then turn on hotspot. {(Name of your phone if IOS) MUST BE TYPED IN CORRECTLY OR IT WONT CONNECT!!}
2.) power on tv and it should connect immediately then use second phone to navigate and connect to current Wi-Fi. Hope this helps . It did for me 😏

0 Kudos

I have same issue how did u resolve it

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @RowkuuRookie87 

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos