Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicesmilegal
Level 7

Wired Remote?

Jump to solution

Hello to anyone who can help me on a topic that Roku really should be handling or willing to handle?  I just want to know if there is such a thing as a remote that is not wireless?  Some of us are sensitive to wireless technology and don't feel well if we use it or are exposed to it?  I don't know why I cannot contact Roku to ask them about products they offer, and instead have to ask a community of people who are customers and don't work for the company?  This is so sad, that you cannot even contact the company in order to ask, can I please find out if I can pay you money to order more equipment, if it is available/applicable ...  I'm sorry in advance to anyone that I have to ask you all instead of Roku!  So disappointed in Roku that none of the phone numbers work anymore, and they don't seem to want to help anyone? =(

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wired Remote?

Jump to solution

You want roku with wired remote? No there are no roku come with wired remote. Its either wifi direct remote or IR, both are wireless. All roku's need Internet, only the Ultra has ethernet port to connect via wire. The rest of the roku models use wifi internet connection. If you are okay with IR remotes the Ultra will accept IR, but the remote it comes with is wifi, you'll have to buy simple roku IR remote separately. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You want roku with wired remote? No there are no roku come with wired remote. Its either wifi direct remote or IR, both are wireless. All roku's need Internet, only the Ultra has ethernet port to connect via wire. The rest of the roku models use wifi internet connection. If you are okay with IR remotes the Ultra will accept IR, but the remote it comes with is wifi, you'll have to buy simple roku IR remote separately. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
nicesmilegal
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply!  Sorry, I am not familiar with the abbreviation "IR," can you tell me what that is?  And do you know if I can only use the IR remote with the Roku Ultra?  Or will it work with other Roku versions since I would have to purchase it separately, anyway?  It sounds like it will only work with Ultra, but I just want to make sure?

0 Kudos
RkGy
Level 7

Jump to solution

IR stands for infrared - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared

0 Kudos