Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Punkbuddy89
Level 7

Will the voice remote ever support multiple devices being programed to it (TV and avr)

I have a TV that doesn't have CEC or ARC, but I have a Pioneer AVR connected to it. But with my roku voice remote, I can only turn the TV on with the power button. The volume buttons don't do anything because they try to control the TV volume, which I don't use since I have the AVR. It would be awesome if the power button, and volume buttons could be programmed for different devices. Or if the remote had a learn function so I could just learn whatever button I wanted from another remote, in the same way some other universal remotes work. But I'm guessing this remote doesn't have the built in hardware to make it capable of learning. So if there was at least support on the roku device to seperatly program a TV, and audio device, that would be amazing. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Will the voice remote ever support multiple devices being programed to it (TV and avr)

@Punkbuddy89 

Huh. My Voice Remote controls my TV and my separate sound bar. Are you sure there's not a menu item for controlling a different device for volume? Mine was able to set up for that.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Punkbuddy89
Level 7

Re: Will the voice remote ever support multiple devices being programed to it (TV and avr)

@DBDukes Are you sure your roku is actually controlling them seperately?  Or is it just that your TV has ARC or CEC so when you have a sound bar hooked to it, you TV volume actually controls the sound bar

That's my issue. My TV can't send those commands to my receiver because it doesn't have ARC or CEC. 

I have looked all over my roku settings and the only option for programming the remote, is for a single device, which unfortunately seems to have to be a TV. I tried setting it up to only control my receiver so I could make more use of the buttons on the remote, and I'd turn the TV off and on with my sideclick. But even in trying that, the roku doesn't seem to have a code for my pioneer AVR. So I'm still stuck having it programed to my TV, and only being able to use the power button for any functionality.

0 Kudos