Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjadus
Level 8

Will the Roku remote with headphone jack work on all Rokus?

Jump to solution

I have two Ultra Rokus.  I wanted to get a Roku stick for an extra TV.  Will the headphone jack work on the stick if I pair the remote with the jack to the stick?  Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Will the Roku remote with headphone jack work on all Rokus?

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

To help clarify, the Roku Streaming Stick+ Headphone Edition (model 3811) is being sold exclusively at Best Buy, which comes with a Voice Remote offering TV power, volume and mute buttons, as well as a headphone jack for private listening.

The standard Roku Streaming Stick+ (model 3810) sold elsewhere does not include this type of remote.  

While we don't currently support the use of the Roku Ultra's specific Enhanced Voice Remote with a Streaming Stick+ model, you may have some success if you attempt to pair that remote to your Streaming Stick. I'd also recommend trying mobile private listening via the free Roku mobile app. This feature offers the same functionality as remote private listening, and supports up to four devices at the same time. See more here

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@jjadus Nope—they should be just fine. This functionality works independently for each device. 

Happy Streaming! 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

7 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

It obviously won't work for IR only Roku players, but all models of the Stick use WiFi Direct. So in theory it's possible. But you'd probably just have to try it and see. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 12

Jump to solution

I know 3600 don't, can't say if 3800 will, but I am sure 3810 stick plus will differently work with headphone jack on the wifi remotes. I just heard on cord cutters that stick plus is going down in price by $10, and will come with new remote that includes mute key, and supposedly it will be the only stick model going forward.

jjadus
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for your helpful response. 

0 Kudos
jjadus
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just ordered the 3810 on Amazon for $49.95, Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

To help clarify, the Roku Streaming Stick+ Headphone Edition (model 3811) is being sold exclusively at Best Buy, which comes with a Voice Remote offering TV power, volume and mute buttons, as well as a headphone jack for private listening.

The standard Roku Streaming Stick+ (model 3810) sold elsewhere does not include this type of remote.  

While we don't currently support the use of the Roku Ultra's specific Enhanced Voice Remote with a Streaming Stick+ model, you may have some success if you attempt to pair that remote to your Streaming Stick. I'd also recommend trying mobile private listening via the free Roku mobile app. This feature offers the same functionality as remote private listening, and supports up to four devices at the same time. See more here

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

jjadus
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks I received my Roku 3810 stick and set up yesterday with the included remote.   I also installed the Roku Google Play app on my phone.   I noticed the headset icon on the app.  I have a Roku Ultra installed in another room in the house.  I was wondering if the two Rokus since they are both on the same Wi-Fi network will interfere with each other, the audio part anyway. 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@jjadus Nope—they should be just fine. This functionality works independently for each device. 

Happy Streaming! 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager