Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsLynn
Level 7

Will the Roku Ultra 2018 remote work on my Roku 3?

I posted a question about the enhanced voice remote and was told will not work on my Roku 3. Since I just recently purchased the 2018 Ultra it has funtions the 3 remote doesn't have. I was hoping I could use the Ultra remote for both and just switch out the devices because the 2018 Ultra doesn't have games I have on my Roku 3 and are no longer in the store. I don't want to pair because once paired I'm not sure you can unpair a remote if I don't keep the new Ultra.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Will the Roku Ultra 2018 remote work on my Roku 3?

@MsLynn wrote:
I posted a question about the enhanced voice remote and was told will not work on my Roku 3. Since I just recently purchased the 2018 Ultra it has funtions the 3 remote doesn't have. I was hoping I could use the Ultra remote for both and just switch out the devices because the 2018 Ultra doesn't have games I have on my Roku 3 and are no longer in the store. I don't want to pair because once paired I'm not sure you can unpair a remote if I don't keep the new Ultra.

It should control the Roku 3 for basic functionality, as both the remote and the Roku support IR functionality. But any of the advanced functionality of the voice remote likely will not function on the Roku 3. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos