Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjpriv
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku needs to recall their TV Remotes due to draining of batteries.

Jump to solution

I have never used the microphones either and batteries last a few days at the most. 

sjpriv
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

7LC68E384432 MODEL 4640X  FCC ID   TC2-R1013  IC 5959A-R1014

0 Kudos
Imrosed
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku needs to recall their TV Remotes due to draining of batteries.

Jump to solution

I agree- what is the point of them asking for serial # - so they can say it’s out of warranty. This sounds like a massive problem that’s happening to a vast number of people. I’ve had several roku products and never had a problem like this.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Navymom65 @sjpriv

Thanks for posts and providing us with your device information.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sjpriv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply. I hope you keep this information however so that you can improve your products. It was not cheap to buy your product 7LC68E384432 MODEL 4640X, FCC ID: TC2-R1013 IC: 5959A-R1014, I took a risk and paid to get it. From the very beginning, synchronisation between the unit and its remote was frequently interrupted, and again from the beginning the remote drained the batteries far too quickly. I am not looking for free replacement or anything like that, I would have been pleased with an acknowledgement of the problem, 'we know it, our newer models have solved it'. A more important issue is that services are not available on the roku platform because of geography. I think that now, instead of dishing our more money for a replacement remote (which will surely again drain the batteries too quickly) I will look for another streaming device, the makers of which take the user / consumer a bit more seriously. 

sjpriv
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

also, why dont you make an application to be bought for a smartphone to be used with your devices?

0 Kudos
davidoflouisian
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries?

Jump to solution

how do you do a factory reset?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Saw your post @davidoflouisian

For more information about how to on how on to do a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support 

Perform the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
adelilah18

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries and how to fix?

Jump to solution

How did you reset it?

0 Kudos
adelilah18

Jump to solution

So...Factory resetting my entire roku tv will fix my battery draining issue for the remote??

0 Kudos