Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

@nickwell24 @Gdavila @Phoebes_Dad @TomH1

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
nickwell24
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  I get it's no longer under warranty, but come on... this is clearly a defect from the start. I wasn't looking for anything free, I was simply wanting to know what's causing the issue.  Are you telling me the remote that was shipped with these devices have a known issue that causes battery drain, but the ones we can buy now don't?  

Dawgfaj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R @nickwell24 I don't think Roku really wants to head down this path.  There is clearly a defect in the design/manufacture of the remote.  How do we know if purchasing another remote will even solve the problem.  If this has been a problem for over a year, why won't Roku communicate to your customers what's actually wrong with the remote that's causing this problem? 

If you won't provide a replacement FOC to remedy an obvious defect, your customer base will definitely demonstrate wallet activism and not purchase future Roku based products.  That would clearly communicate our dissatisfaction with your products, and more importantly, your short sighted customer support policies!!!!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Wahoo73

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@darryn02 @Jtw383 @Tiger21 @JP2022

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Protego27

Jump to solution

I recently purchased a brand new Roku device with a voice remote, but within a few weeks of use the remote is behaving pretty odd. I have replaced the batteries, unpaired and repaired the remote, but it continues to display 0% charge and just won't work. I paired an older remote and that works just fine.

Remote
Model: RC651
Firmware: rtn.4134

Roku
Model: 4800X Ultra
Software: 10.5.0 build 4208-C2

0 Kudos
Remwin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Remote battery draining. Please help.

YH00EA816329

thank you

0 Kudos
Flosaic

Jump to solution

Serial # YH00A0136106

0 Kudos
Cheriv

Jump to solution

I'm having this issue.  Replacing batteries weekly.  Is there a resolution for this yet?

S/N: YH008G161597

0 Kudos
christopherdent
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi - This is happening to me.  Fresh pair of batteries for my Roku Streaming Stick + dies in less than a week.  We have actually had this stick for over a year, but it's in a rarely used guest room so I only noticed the issue recently.  The serial number is YHOOD2322261.  Help would be greatly appreciated, this is really frustrating.  Thank you.

0 Kudos