Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi @TexasIndian,

Thanks for following up.

Please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings > System > About or serial/device id found at the back of the Roku device? 

Keep us posted with the details.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bhanups,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community regarding your battery drain issue!

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bothwellbuyer2 @Thevolks @Kdufrain @Kmj123,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Many thanks.
Mary

DOuGpRATt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Please stop treating this issue on an individual, case-by-case basis. By doing that in every instance, repeatedly requesting models and serial numbers, you appear to be more software than person. A company statement is needed, telling Roku's customers what has been found regarding the underlying causes of this widespread problem of rapid battery consumption. RF circuits that are out of spec, or defective? Firmware? I have forwarded this matter to Consumer Reports. Perhaps they will be able to obtain and provide more information.

olso3657
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model 3810X

serial number YH00H1193643

This drains the batteries every week or two

0 Kudos
megashira
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I'm still having the same issues as mentioned above. Remote drains the batteries. The stick is plugged into socket rather then USB. I have factory reset it few times, the issue is still there. 

SN:     YH006U289332

0 Kudos
mtz_mntya

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with one of my remotes. I even did a reset, updated the software but it drains them super fast. This last time I changed my batteries after 4 days. The kids lost it under the bed for a week and when I tried to use it, the batteries were dead. I've even thought maybe it needs the more expensive batteries but that's not it either. It really is super frustrating especially when the kids can't use it.

0 Kudos
Tmangolds

Jump to solution

Serial number : X0030091LRJG

please help! Our batteries on our remote drain every two days . We can’t keep buying batteries every day for this. Please help. 

0 Kudos
olso3657
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do a chat with customer support and they will send you a new remote. It is an Defect from Roku.

Monty2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Recieved new remote today from Roku support.  Paired the remote with brand new batteries in it.  Roku showing remote batteries at 1%.  Remote immediately became unresponsive.  Replaced batteries with other, brand new, batteries.  Same experience.  This issue was not resolved with a new remote… curious if others having same experience???