Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MilesT
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra remote battery drain - every 2 days must replace batteries!

Jump to solution

Remote may be defective.

Is the ultra box in a cabinet? Do you store remote close to ultra box when not in use?  Try also taking batteries out when not in use.

Sometimes if there is a lot of WiFi signals nearby the remote has to "shout" to be heard...not easy to solve that.

Voice remote pro is rechargeable, but that's extra cost and only a palliative (unless the original remote was just defective).

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Jhkdb75

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

All 3 of my remotes have the battery drain issues. One of the serial numbers is YH00CP989973

0 Kudos
MeliP
Channel Surfer

Re: New Batteries Die every 2 weeks on Roku Remotes

Jump to solution

I provided them to @UserDanny.

0 Kudos
BevLove
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra remote battery drain - every 2 days must replace batteries!

Jump to solution

Is the ultra box in a cabinet? - No, it is out in the open...

Do you store remote close to ultra box when not in use?  several feet away. why would this matter?

Try also taking batteries out when not in use.  Doesn't this seem like a defect? 

I have not heard back from Roku people. I really would like to understand how to fix this other than needing to change batteries every 2-3 days, or remove batteries! This is clearly a problem!

0 Kudos
dsov

Jump to solution

Danny,

I recently started having the same issue.  Less than 2 weeks ago the remote stopped working when the batteries had been in only a couple months.  I replaced the batteries, and now, less than 2 weeks later, it stopped working again.

Serial # is X00300M90UV3

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@cjj 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @EmileeMI48854 @dsov,

Thank you for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 
If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV
You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @strickjn,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Our support team responded via email recently in relation to your Remote issue inquiry. Please check your email from our support team, they will be assisting you from there. 

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Monty2 @Aboswell @Tracer07,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I can see that you’ve been in contact with our support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them regarding the battery issue you are experiencing.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @khkim18,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos