Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morgan1819
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries and how to fix?

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D 

3810x streaming stick here. Burns through batteries in less than a week.

Serial yhoo7g367914

This is unacceptable.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Morgan1819  Your 3810X was introduced in 2017. So it’s about 5 years old now and way out of warranty. You could try purchasing a new remote 

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

0 Kudos
Morgan1819
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Great.  i just bought it off of Amazon.

I'm not purchasing any more Roku products.  Will switch to a competitor that actually works properly.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Morgan1819  That has nothing to do with Roku. You bought an old out of date product. It’s always best to do your research before purchasing something. You can return it to the seller you bought it from on Amazon. Then buy a new Roku at Best Buy or Walmart. The seller that you bought it from did you buy a refurbished one? Contact the seller on Amazon

0 Kudos
Morgan1819
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Lol.

It wasn't old and out of date ... it was brand new, in the package.

Just like the other thousands of people on here, I got a junk product from Roku that eats batteries because of a poor design, and Roku doesn't stand behind their products.

Sounds like a class action might be a nice solution here ... we all should be reimbursed for the money we wasted on batteries.

Is Duracell the parent company possibly?

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Morgan1819  You did not buy it new from Roku or retail store such as Walmart. The reason for that is easy. The model you own is no longer manufactured. When you buy something off EBay or Amazon your usually buying it from a 3rd party seller. Sure maybe they are new in the box. Maybe they are refurbished. But it’s not a Roku issue. Contact the seller you bought it from. Maybe they can help you. 

0 Kudos
Morgan1819
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku makes a faulty remote, but it's not a Roku issue?   Brilliant theory.

Please keep posting more of your brilliance.

Roku is the Yugo of streaming devices.  Make a faulty product, and then pretend it's the owners fault.

Never again Roku.

0 Kudos
drych
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

WE have our devices plugged into wall outlets and the remotes still need battery replacement almost weekly.  Please fix as batteries are expensive.

RickRanger

Jump to solution

Mine eats batteries as well. Here is the solution I chose. I started using rechargeable AAA batteries X4 and when the remote batteries run low I just switch them out ( one pair of batteries are in the remote as one pair is on charge ) This saves me money over using one time use batteries.

0 Kudos
Newport13
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Best advice I've heard yet.  Roku support is the worst.