Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winston3338
Roku Guru

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries and how to fix?

Jump to solution

Please tell me if this remote is under warranty, serial number: YKOOTT218274. 

I don't understand why the TV makers who were pioneers in the development of TV, as we know it today, allowed Roku to take over the TV industry. Even the remote was changed, buttons and functions that served one purpose, like the left, launch pad to lower the volume, now do another function not related to sound. We understood how you wanted to stand out and say, we’re wild and crazy Roku and that was fine when you were more of a smaller, private company who was interested in streaming entertainment. 

Don’t get me wrong, the Roku TVs are the best in TV entertainment, but you came into the public, and now you are forcing a remote that only you (or your partners) can supply. Only problem is, you are forcing remotes on us that have known battery problems that have plagued every model of remote you’ve made, and the problem gets worse and worse by itself. 

You are ignoring a potential class action suit where you are forced to replace and refund your products under force, by attorneys or worse yet, our government. Want an example, vehicle recalls!!! The last one was for vehicles bursting into flame and the recall before that was, wheels flying off of cars. Do you see our government looking up from their two party gang war? Why would they?? Our government is paid millions to look the other way. Dealerships are offered recall work that would keep them busy 24 hours a day. They don’t want that easy money, they want to take our cars apart and nickel and dime us to death. Every one is making money except the people who make it all possible, US!!! 

Get with the program Roku. Stop ignoring the remote problems. 

olsonzoo

Jump to solution

Just opened my Roku and its already reporting dead batteries.  Put new ones in and it's telling me those are low too...??  S/N: 21513A232113

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @winston3338 @olsonzoo

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @trioguy

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: Roku Accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cloudy22

Jump to solution

Same issue, surprised to see the battery issue is gaining on since 2020 and still no resolution, ROKU get on it already!!!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Cloudy22

I hope you're doing well.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? What's the serial number of your Roku device associated with the affected remote? This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating Settings > System > About

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
winston3338
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I recently bought a Roku/Onn 32" TV from Walmart and came here to read and post about my Roku TV. I'm 68, so I've been a customer of Roku from day one. I found other problems with my TV, like no sound leveling with a cheap soundbar (like mine) and a couple other things I wish were different. Anyway, I set my sites on the Roku remotes because there are no digits and the battery draining problem. I posted my remote serial number, and it was still under warranty, so I ordered a replacement, and it came in record time thanks to Roku and their Customer Service/Support Tech, Sooraj. I don't know about the battery life yet but my new remote is beautiful and Roku really stood up and took care of it quick and easy, thanks Roku   

0 Kudos
Drumharm1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do you factory reset the remote?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Drumharm1

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that you cannot factory reset your remote, but you can restart it. If your remote uses standard batteries, restart your remote by removing and reinserting the batteries. If your remote is rechargeable, press and hold the pairing button for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button and your remote has restarted.

Moreover, please let us know about the issue you're experiencing so we can assist you further.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
andres777
Reel Rookie

Re: RE: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries?

Jump to solution

Thank you for your post, I have the same issue draining batteries , every week I have to replace them. I'm even thinking about adding a micro-switch on the side of the remote to turn off or disconnect the battery inside the remote, which I think will make it last much longer... + adding some 14500 batteries in parallel, instead of series like they are now...

0 Kudos