Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaytournay
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku needs to recall their TV Remotes due to draining of batteries.

Jump to solution

innovative, yay for you. i must say i've tried to get chat but am sent around in circles. did send email. didn't hear back. will try your approach. i need to replace batteries before a month is up. not cheap to do so.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Manylocations
Reel Rookie

Re: I have a remote button issue. The up arrow will not work. I have a 3800x

Jump to solution

[personal information removed] 
sn. CU3818992921

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I have a remote button issue. The up arrow will not work. I have a 3800x

Jump to solution

Hi @Manylocations,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? 

Note: Never post any personally identifiable, private, or sensitive information publicly, including passwords, email addresses, or payment information. Community content is visible to all Community members.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
JimShaw
Roku Guru

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries?

Jump to solution

I live in a senior community and have helped many, many seniors install a Roku.  A few of them have also had battery drainage pretty bad.

Because they were new, I would purchase another Roku, and replaced the bad drain remote with the just purchased remote and returned the Roku back to the store.

In each case, the remote swapped worked and the exchanged remote was now a slow drain and would go for a long time.

So, maybe it's the remote itself that has a problem

0 Kudos
Rusty2465
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

I have found the easiest solution to the battery drainage on my Roku voice remote.  I just bought rechargeable batteries and they seem to last longer than the name brand.  Energizer ,etc. for some reason I get longer usage out of the rechargeable

0 Kudos
RSW22

Jump to solution

Remote stopped working, model RC691 for a 3820R. Purchased 5 months ago directly from Roku. Serial #S08Y418SGG8X

A month ago replaced batteries with brand-new ones yet the Roku immediately reported 50%. Remote stopped working yesterday. Replacing batteries with brand-new ones had no effect. Unable to reset or get any kind of indicator. Tried unplugging Roku for 10 seconds, pairing button, everything. No response.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @RSW22

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Chris07666
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem everyone else does.  Ease contact me.     Remote is model rc411.  Firmware 2.01.19.108.  base unit  is Roku 4670x.  Version 10.5.0 build 4208-46.  Serial number YJ 004a734232.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @Chris07666

I hope you're doing well.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: Roku Accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator