Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Cutlipcassidy65 @GardenGal45

I hope you're doing well.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: Roku Accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DulcieC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just started having this problem.  The it’s less than a year old.  
Model

Serial number: YH002X490573.  
Model 3810X - Romulo Streaming Stick+

0 Kudos
Amelia70
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You are under warranty contact customer service either here or on roku website for a replacement it will be a fight unfortunately they don’t want to own up to a defective remote

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries and how to fix?

Jump to solution

Hi @DulcieC,

We appreciate your effort to reach us regarding your battery drain issue.

Upon checking the serial number, the Roku device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here 

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement 

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku support or keep us posted here.

Please stay safe and healthy, we thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
DulcieC
Reel Rookie

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries and how to fix?

Jump to solution

I think I’ll pass on wasting anymore money on a Roku remote since this seems to be an on going issue.  I’ll find a compatible universal remote from another manufacturer.

Amelia70
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You can download the roku app and use their remote on your phone to monitor your roku 

you can eventually switch to Amazon fire stick they stand behind their products 

Newport13
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku is **bleep**

0 Kudos
Rnm89

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries?

Jump to solution

A whole year has passed and this issue doesn't seem to be anywhere near resolved. That doesn't make me feel very good coming here for the same problem. Maybe it's time to upgrade the other tvs so there's no need for roku anymore.

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have 6 Roku devices. 3 Roku Streaming Stick+, 1 Roku Ultra and 2 TCL Roku TV's. None of them have any battery issues with the remotes. My Roku TV's I upgraded to the Roku Voice Remote Pro which is rechargeable. Lasts about 2-3 months on a full charge. 

0 Kudos
Amelia70
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Why are you posting? You are one of the lucky ones be grateful