Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mjo3689
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

I am experiencing an issue with remote battery drain. S/N XXXXXXXXXXXX. Thanks!

[Edited to remove serial number. After posting, support reached out to me, as promised.]

0 Kudos
Dnooch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Kariza, please tell users having battery drain issues to try high drain batteries. Remotes are typically low drain devices, but for some reason the high drain batteries I put in my remote solved the draining issue. 

0 Kudos
Dmsawalker

Jump to solution

I’m having the same draining batteries issue. My serial number is x00000h9kvoa

thanks 

0 Kudos
cjgayle

Jump to solution

My remote drains new Duracell batteries in 10 days with the Roku attached to a TV that is not used except for checking battery level. Tried re-pairing but it didn't help. Wi-fi strength is good according to the Roku itself.

Serial number: X01000KCYKK0

Device ID S02A20ACYKKO

Model 4800X - Roku Ultra

Software: 10.5.0 Build 4208-C2

Request a fix or replacement.

0 Kudos
wils7501
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Is there a solution? My remote is draining batteries my device us plugged into the wall charger. I have the Model 3810X and am willing to provide the SN with a customer service agent if I could get information to contact someone privately. 

0 Kudos
SandyK
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku wants us to possibly fix the issue with High Drain Batteries?  They are much more expensive and is this a definite fix? Why don't you fix the remote so it will use regular good grade AA batteries and send us one?

I've been going through this issue for months now and still no resolve to help the customers with this issue.

It would behoove Roku to keep all customers updated as to what they plan to do.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Dnooch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@SandyK  It isn't Roku saying to use high drain batteries... it's just me, a user, saying it solved the problem for me.  It was an experiment I tries, and it worked. At the Dollar store all batteries are the same price so no, there the high drain do not cost more than the low drain. $1 solved the problem better than the very expensive name-brand batteries that everyone has heard of. Go figure. Try it. Nothing to lose.

0 Kudos
Marcelofortuna
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey i have the same problem

sku 3226000674

what i need to do?

i have the same roku in other tv and dont have this problem

0 Kudos
Jkadcock

Jump to solution

Having the same issues. My device is no longer under warranty. I have nothing plugged into the remote jack. It does not connect to wifi

Have they said anything useful in the emails, or is it just that the remote has to be replaced? Wish they would just give the answer here instead of emailing everyone separately. 

serial number: YP00FR775725

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @NotXimpressed,

Thanks for following up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and we are working on ways to better improve this process.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos