Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi @SandyK

Thanks for the post.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
clyde11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm disappointed in Roku in addressing this very common problem with the remotes.  Many of your customers are experiencing this issue which means it's a DEFECT in your product.  Warranty should not come into play here.  From Roku customer support I've received an email saying that they are providing me a discount on a new Roku(btw your site is so bad that I cannot even find the coupon code).  

Why would I or anyone purchase a Roku again when the remote will likely have the same issue?  I will never buy Roku again based on this experience. 

SN:6325AP220652

NotXimpressed
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

More proof of Roku **bleep** customer service. I already posted my device SN, and that has nothing to do with the remote or the issue of the remote draining the battery. I don't want another canned response of my device being out of warranty and that I can purchase another remote. My remote is NEW. 

ROKU remote has a design flaw. Address it.

#RokuSUCKS

0 Kudos
Remwin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am very disappointed in this response. There is clearly a bigger issue here.

0 Kudos
Klopsi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku streaming stick remote drains batteries in just about 2 weeks! It's crazy. Serial # YH0036335275. Model#3810X. Please advise. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
pjcc

Jump to solution

Streaming stick+ serial number YH00AH399223 battery drain issue with remote 

0 Kudos
Shabayon

Jump to solution

My remote battery drains about once every week or two. Hoping to get this fixed, my serial number is X01000M5EDLL

any assistance is greatly appreciated!

-Brandon

0 Kudos
Dnooch
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was having the same issue no matter how expensive the batteries I put in, they all drained off in just a few weeks. So frustrating. Finally, I decided I was only going to put cheap batteries in it. Bought batteries at the Dollar Store, $1.00 for 4 high drain batteries, same price as low drain, so I got the high not knowing what it really meant. Surprise! It has been 9-10 months without replacing batteries now! $1.00!!!!

0 Kudos
kispot
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Serial Number: YSOOWM938648

Device ID: FW289W938648

I have a voice remote that doesn't hold the charge.

0 Kudos
kispot
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The battery charge on my voice remote drains really fast.

Serial number: YSOOWM938648

Device ID: FW289W938648

0 Kudos