Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkejenki
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue as others. My roku remote is draing batteries every day. Most 12 pk batteries cost more than $15 and I'm spending quite a few bucks weekly just to use my remote. Has there been any resolution on why my remote is draining batteries so fast. My stick is being powered through a wall outlet. 

Model: 3810 - Roku streaming Stick+

Serial Number: YHOOHX521976

0 Kudos
Trixx187

Jump to solution

My roku remote draining batteries.    Serial number YH006S666622.     Model 3810RW - roku streaming stick+

0 Kudos
wcrip

Jump to solution

Kariza, perhaps you can assist me. I have had my ultra for several years but in the past 6 months or so my remote dies almost weekly. It is costing me a ton in batteries. Ultra model 4640X / SN 7LC68EO56847 + Remote Model RC-GR4.

0 Kudos
R2021
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku-Danny-R,

I am not able to reach a customer service agent. Can you please reach out to me to discuss that the Roku remote is draining batteries. I bought the Roku because I am not able to power my Roku device through a wall outlet. I have another Roku remote that works perfectly. I would like Roku to send me a new remote. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Eddie_T
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am trying to come up with a way to break the circuit so I can add either an off/on switch or momentary contact switch. Maybe a piece of a printed circuit board to insert between one battery and the spring. I think at best the remote maintains too much router contact. I would like at least 6 month battery life and I don't think that will be achievable without an on/off switch and maybe not with one. I am also on the lookout for a 3 volt wall wart as I usually sit in the same location to use the remote.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sharann,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please see the information that was previously posted or you may also refer to this link: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support 

I hope this helps! I'll be here if you need anything else.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @pknudsvig @BetsyFred,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
Please stay safe and healthy, we thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @R2021,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community regarding your Roku remote battery drain.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Nemd5156

Jump to solution

I have a new 4800X Roku Ultra batteries drained in a couple of days. Serial number X010009J0G0T 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Nemd5156,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos