Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BetsyFred

Fredericksen Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

I also am experiencing premature battery drainage of my 3810X Roku Streaming Stick +.  I have been logging this issue for a while.

The serial number is YHOOE4983246

Please advise the recommended solution.

Betsy

0 Kudos
joegray444

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

It says problem solved when I googled it.... Where exactly in all these posts is the solution? Clicked "jump to solution" and did not get one... So not impressed with roku or Google for giving me a solved headline to click on with no solution other than trying to send a junk product back.

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If the device is low use, take the batteries out when not in use. Shouldn't have to, but saves cost.

If not a stick, then look at getting a replacement IR remote.  If a stick then maybe replace with a cheap Express which has IR remote, for low use, and use the stick elsewhere or reset and sell on/give away.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
Cetomsu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

They offered me a 30% discount on a new device… so I guess I’ll have to reinvest or sit in this issue. 

0 Kudos
Timorkal86
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, it’s the same thing everyone here complain about, the batteries drain too quickly in a matter of 1-2 weeks I already need to replace them.

I am not from the US, so I can’t download the roku ios app, need to use some 3rd party app with advertising. Which is really uncomfortable.

Can’t understand how so basic thing like remote control makes so much headache.

If roku admits that they have an issue with their remotes, please do a recall and ship new fixed remotes to everyone who complains.

0 Kudos
hiker54

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. My Roku Ultra (Serial #: YJ001Y394128) remote (RC136 in settings, or RC-AL4 in battery compartment) needs the batteries replaced approximately every two days. It's a financial drain as well as an environmental situation to be replacing batteries that often. There seems to be no answer to this issue anywhere I have looked. Even Roku does not appear to have a solution. Can anyone help please.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @hiker54

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @KayMay85

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Sumozumo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same remote battery issue.  YY00FD046260

Tronio232
Reel Rookie