Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BN0987

Remote batteries keep dying

Jump to solution

Remote batteries for my 4k+ stick keep dying every couple days.   The device has been updated as well as the remote. I have serval other sticks that don’t have this problem.  How do we fix it?

0 Kudos
Amos5454

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue.  My new batteries died in a week. 

0 Kudos
Pjc6790

Jump to solution

You're response makes no sense. The roku device itself is powered fine it's the remote that is dying repeatedly... please address the remote dying so fast in you're response as the power method for the roku device is irrelevant.

0 Kudos
User1229

Jump to solution

Same issue!

0 Kudos
Willysymms
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is listed as a solution but no solution is provided. It just says you'll get back to us. Can you update this to be an open rather than a solved issue?

Marve_Lous
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here to!!! It's SO annoying I'm about to switch to a Fire stick!

Eddie_T
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Why pretend it's solved while we still have the problem? I have t keep one battery disconnected and push it in to use the remote. The alternative is to put new batteries in every few days. In contrast the batteries in my Vizio TV remote last for months. There has to be a way to open the circuit that is causing the problem. Makes me wonder if ROKU has any engineers on board. I'm stillwaiting for some legit customer service such as a free replacement of remote or remote and streaming stick to solve the problem.

Does the moderator of this forum ever speak to ROKU technical or management? If the problem is indeed rare it would cost ROKU very little to make us happy again. I may go over to the AVS forum and post my experience there as a warning to the HDTV streaming world!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts. 

As stated previously in this thread, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Willysymms
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Serial Number: YF006U663374

This device is already wall-plug powered and we have performed a reset (addressing earlier feedback on potential troubleshooting). 
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Willysymms 

Thanks for the post and providing us with the information we have requested.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos