Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aondrus

Why is my Roku remote draining batteries and how to fix?

Jump to solution

Please help! My roku remote is going through batteries. I have to change weekly or else take them out when not using(what  a hassle)! 

8 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why is my Roku remote draining batteries and how to fix?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know about the remote battery drain issue you are experiencing with Streaming Sticks+ (3810). Our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

In the meantime, if you are powering your Streaming Stick through the USB port on your TV, we would recommend that you power your Roku device through a wall outlet to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, if you are experiencing an issue with remote battery drain, please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @wils7501 @SandyK,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the battery drain issue you are experiencing.

Have you tried running the steps on this link to get your remote back up and running? http://go.roku.com/remotehelp 

If the issue still persists, kindly provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ashleygreenb @Carmencastillo9,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 
If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV
You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv 

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ambika,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

In regards to your Roku remote rapidly draining issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings > System > About

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support
Follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.

1. Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote Batteries UltraLT keep draining

Jump to solution

Hi @SCM38,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,

Mary

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Cutlipcassidy65 @GardenGal45

I hope you're doing well.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: Roku Accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DulcieC,

We appreciate your effort to reach us regarding your battery drain issue.

Upon checking the serial number, the Roku device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here 

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement 

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact Roku support or keep us posted here.

Please stay safe and healthy, we thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
1,048 REPLIES 1,048
RobX33

Jump to solution

Remote keeps draining batteries every several days

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Aondrus,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for taking the time to post. It sounds like your Roku remote may be having an issue with the battery. We're sorry if you are having this issue.

Please send me a PM with the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We've purchased a total of 4 remotes for Roku and 2 of them are draining the batteries almost every few days. I've tried to mail this back to Roku and it was returned to me. Please advise how I can remedy this situation or get them replaced. 

We have 7 Roku's so I'm hoping you have the correct serial #'s. Please reach out if anything else is needed. 

[personal information removed]

Tixman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having same issue.  I have the Stream Stick + on several TVs and the batteries drain every few days.  Not sure if there is a bug with the remote or not. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Yes, it's a bug in the remote. You need to send a private message to @RokuDanny-R with your device model and serial number, and your personal account email. Do NOT post this personal information here in the public forum. Scammers search for victims and an email address is like a sweet flower to a bee. 😄

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Lefty1945

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem,  is there a fix????

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lefty1945,

Thanks for the post.

Send me a private message here with your email address, Roku device's serial number, and the description of the issue you are running into, and I'll escalate with our support team so they can investigate further.

Thanks,

Mary

hapuck23

Jump to solution

My daughter has a new roku streaming device and her remote dies every 2 weeks. We've gone through so many batteries. Why is this happening? How can it be fixed? Instead of replacing the batteries, this time she downloaded the app and is using that as her remote. It's pretty annoying though. 

Abrownie3

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I bought it day after Christmas and batteries died last week and they’re now dead again, I put brand new batteries in.