Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why is Roku, whos worth 40 billion USD still doing nothing2 fix their defective remotes after ye

@Iswanhall

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chasefancy

Re: Why is Roku, whos worth 40 billion USD still doing nothing2 fix their defective remotes after ye

I've had ROKU for about 2 years in the bedroom and have been able to watch TV for about a month due to remote issues. I've given up, occasionally I'll turn it on just to see if I hit it lucky, rare chance it happens. What's the purpose of purchasing this product? None!

0 Kudos
Darkwolf72
Channel Surfer

Have you tried a Universal remote?  I don't have a tv in my bedroom so I put my remote in there every night and I find it lasts much longer when I don't have it near the tv when I'm not using it. I can use my bluray player remote to turn my Roku off and on.  A universal remote may help you. 

0 Kudos
arjaysmithjr
Reel Rookie

We've had ROKU over 15 years, and the remotes are WEAK.

Why are they so lame? Who knows, but they could surely 

make a remote that puts out a stronger signal. You almost have to be

on top of the thing for it to work sometimes, and that's with

BRAND SPANKING NEW BATTERIES.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@arjaysmithjr

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Danny 

Other than many us losing the volume control as well as on and off function and for some our TVs are no longer recognized it  seems there’s more issues with Roku remotes.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@VAR

Thanks for the post.

Customers have reported that they are able to resolve the issue of pairing their remote to their TV by connecting to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, in order to find their TV brand. Have you already tried this?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Doesn’t work when your TV is no longer recognized 

I even tried a new stick that I purchased directly from Roku and my Vizio tv not recognized and returned it within 30 days

0 Kudos
WCC1966
Channel Surfer

I have two voice control remotes and they don’t charge. $30 each and won’t charge. Roku should do something about it. No one cares if yours works so get lost. 

0 Kudos
WCC1966
Channel Surfer

You’re replying. That’s what you’re doing wrong. Get lost sheesh. Those of us that paid our hard earned money aren’t getting the help we need and we don’t need your unhelpful comments. 

0 Kudos