Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why does my roku express remote go thru batteries in a week?

Jump to solution

@Victorled

Thanks for the inquiry.

In addition to what @atc98092 mentioned, are you by any chance using the Private Listening feature on your remote? Using the Private Listening feature on your remote will use considerably more power.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrLewi

Jump to solution

I am having this problem too.  I thought it was just something i had to live with but now I see here it is an issue.

Model3810RW - Roku Streaming Stick +

SN: C23792995019

We use our Roku once or twice a month normally but it seemed each time i had to put in new batteries.  It appears to have an IR controller.  I checked all of the buttons but none seem broken or "sticky" hence staying pressed in.

Is this something you can help with?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MrLewi no, it is not an IR remote. All versions of the Stick only support WiFi Direct remotes. But no, it shouldn't be going though batteries that fast. All of my Roku players use WiFi Direct remotes, and even the most heavily used remote goes for months on the same batteries. 

Since it's not an IR remote, there's no good way for you to test the remote for a stuck button. I suggest seeing of Roku will offer a warranty replacement. @RokuDanny-R would be able to help you there. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MrLewi,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the Roku remote issue you are experiencing.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you via email.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zengal

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with having to replace the batteries every week. I do not see any solutions on the community board please help

0 Kudos
Bigbroda1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was using rechargeables until it literally caught fire. I tried to get a new one because I love the headphone feature, but never sent that model. I think they discontinued.

0 Kudos
Saerse
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

They sent me a replacement which still discharges without using it as well as my other Roku remote with earphone jack does the same thing. I just switched to Fire sticks, they offer wireless headphone connectivity-problem solved!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Zengal @Bigbroda1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos