Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa01

Why does my roku express remote go through batteries in a week?

Jump to solution

My Roku Express goes through batteries in a week. What causes this?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why does my roku express remote go thru batteries in a week?

Jump to solution

@Lisa01 @mirage 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
57 REPLIES 57
mirage
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue, only mine seems to go through batteries in a day or less.  It has instantly killed some batteries.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lisa01 @mirage 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mdwg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having similar rapid battery drain issues with my remote. 

0 Kudos
red1

Jump to solution

i have the same problem, batteries go dead in a couple days, has roku helped anyone with this problem, i have emailed them but got no reply yet

0 Kudos
mirage
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

They replied to me and said they don't make a replacement remote, no explanation of why it is doing it, told me to buy a new one and gave me a code for a discount on a new Roku.

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You must not have an express, right, you have purple 3500 stick? Which is correct there is no replacement remote available for it. Where the Express as in the title does. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@red1 wrote:

i have the same problem, batteries go dead in a couple days, has roku helped anyone with this problem, i have emailed them but got no reply yet

If you have an Express, then the remote is a simple IR remote. It does not use any power unless a button is pressed. I would check to see if one of the buttons might be stuck. If you can't detect any such issue, send a private message to @RokuDanny-R with your account information. Do NOT post your email address here. Roku appears to be willing to replace remotes that are acting up, and Danny can assist with that. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
NJRinglord

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express Plus and I am having issues with battery drain. The batteries that came with the remote lasted me from 12/31/2019 to roughly 10/25/2020. Since I replaced that original set I have gotten barely a week for each new set. I am now on my third set since then and all have been Duracel just like the original ones.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

The remote on the Express is IR (infrared), and doesn't use any power unless a button is pressed. Check your buttons to see if one might be stuck. You can also look at the front of the remote through a digital camera (such as on a smart phone), and if you see a blinking light even when there's no button pressed then one is definitely stuck. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos