Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whistling noise from remote

Jump to solution

I bought our Roku a month ago. The remote stopped working so I changed the batteries. Now, the remote makes a very loud whistling sound every few minutes. I changed the batteries again and paired the remote with the tv again, it is still making the noise.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote not working. Makes high pitched noise as well

Jump to solution

@Savannahhx @Joshua2 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Whistling noise from remote

Jump to solution

Is this a model that includes a remote finder button on top?   None of my Rokus have this feature so I don't know what sort of noise the finder makes by default (although I've read it can be changed), or whether the noise it makes is continuous or intermittent.  If have one of these models, see if there us something depressing the button, or if the button is stuck in the depressed position.

More info on the remote finder: https://support.roku.com/article/211865427

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SStantonsmith-3 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Egayle

Jump to solution

My roku remote stopped working and is making a whistling sound. I've tried changing the batteries and resetting device , still nothing. I havent had this very long , what can I do?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Egayle 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Povs31

Jump to solution

My remote stopped working and now makes a squeaking noise. Have tried different batteries, and re-pairing the remote — I can’t even get a light to show on the back of the remote. Help?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Povs31 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in the previous post, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Savannahhx

Roku remote not working. Makes high pitched noise as well

Jump to solution

I’ve removed the batteries, I’ve tried to sync it, removed the power from the little roku box. Nothing is working at all. I can use my phone as a remote but it’s getting old! I paid $20 for this remote just a few months ago and it’s not working. It’s one of those voice remotes as well. My son had broke the one that originally came with it, that’s why we bought another one. 

0 Kudos
Joshua2

Jump to solution

Hello,

My remote is doing the same thing and I just replaced it a month ago. How can I get this fixed?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku remote not working. Makes high pitched noise as well

Jump to solution

@Savannahhx @Joshua2 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator