Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Whistling noise from remote

Jump to solution

It seems like a computer ia responding, how can thwy ask for a serial number to fix a remote, is the problem network related or something?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with a Roku stick remote. I just identified the high pitch as coming from the remote. Interestingly...lately the device (not the remote) has also been throwing the overheated warning quite often even with using an HDMI extender. I'm wondering if the whole product is entering the end of life? @RokuDanny-R can you help?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mtclimber03,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

Could you please provide the serial number of your Roku device by going to Settings > System > About.

Please be aware that it's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on the screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.
For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your ...
I'd recommend ordering a free HDMI extender at https://my.roku.com/HDMI and seeing if that resolved your issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MissNatia

Re: Roku remote not working. Makes high pitched noise as well

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. Nothing is working, this remote is barely 3 months old. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MissNatia,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! We're very sorry to hear of the troubles.

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information to get your remote back up and running: http://go.roku.com/remotehelp

If you are unable to resolve the issue, please provide the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sak5004
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  how do you send a personal DM on here.  I am having the same issue with the remote.  High pitched sound and batteries dead within days.

0 Kudos
BrianLitton
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi. I told out the old batteries, installed new ones and that solved the problem completely.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @sak5004

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. 

Have you tried performing the troubleshooting steps on the link provided by @RokuMary-F above? 

If yes and the issue persists, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tleon1019
Reel Rookie

Roku remote not working. Makes high pitched noise as well

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

How do I PM you? I also have this hissing issue. First Roku device and has gone through a pack of new batteries in 3 months. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Tleon1019
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I’ve attempted the reset troubleshooting. That has not helped. The remote has been functioning on and off unreliably for months, but now no longer works at all. I’ve gone through an entire package of new batteries. 
I cannot get the Serial Number via settings > system > about because the remote doesn’t respond and just hisses  

IC:5959A-RCB14

model: RC-AL2

SKU: 3226000611

0 Kudos