Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rubymopoar
Visitor

Which streaming stick do I have?

So... I've moved a few times in the last year or so, and have lost the remote to my streaming stick... I'm trying to set it up on a new network, but can't do it without the remote...
I have the r
Roku remote app on my S-7, and also have a Harmony 350 universal remote... I just need to know what model I have... all I can find on the stick is the serial number... any love?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
jeffrok
Roku Guru

Re: Which streaming stick do I have?

What color is the stick- black or purple? Either way, any Roku wifi direct remote should work with your stick if you put it into pairing mode.. The one that probably most matches the one you previously had is the Roku Voice Remote, at roku.com/accessories
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
rubymopoar
Visitor

It's purple... I also have a Roku LT, with remote, but it doesn't have reset or pair button under the battery cover... the streaming stick is HDMI, but I need the model # to get a new remote...
0 Kudos
NightHawk
Visitor

I think you can look at the screen under Settings - System - About and it shows info on the Roku device including the model number?
Roku Ultra 4640R, Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810R
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Roku Guru

"NightHawk" wrote:
I think you can look at the screen under Settings - System - About and it shows info on the Roku device including the model number?

If he's on a new network and he can't connect with his phone, he can't get into the settings.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
jeffrok
Roku Guru

"rubymopoar" wrote:
It's purple... I also have a Roku LT, with remote, but it doesn't have reset or pair button under the battery cover... the streaming stick is HDMI, but I need the model # to get a new remote...

Like I said, the Voice Remote will work. All of the Roku sticks with the exception of the one that came with "Roku ready TV's" work with the remote I mentioned.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

"rubymopoar" wrote:

The purple HDMI Stick is model 3500. The MHL Stick is model 3400. Are you sure it's an HDMI Stick? Remember, an MHL port is simply a variation of HDMI, so they look alike.

By the way, the Roku LT devices (all models) used IR remotes. They won't work with a Stick.

Any of the remotes that work with one HDMI Stick will work with other HDMI sticks. The model of the remote that came with the 3500 was RC12.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
rubymopoar
Visitor

Thanks guys!
0 Kudos
Halifaxdad
Reel Rookie

This is my exact problem right now. Not connected to my network. Remote won't work. App can't connect to my stick. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Halifaxdad 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator