Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lowell
Level 7

Which remote goes with which device? Have e Express

I have  Roku Express.   I have forgotten which remote belongs to each device.  How can I tell.  I have tried each one with each device without success.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Which remote goes with which device? Have e Express

The Express is an IR only device. Since every remote, other than maybe the Stick remotes, support IR, most likely every remote will work on it. If a remote isn't working, first make sure you have clear line of sight between the remote and the front panel of the Roku. With IR it has to be visible.

Still not working? Check the batteries. Still not working? Look at the front of the remote through a smart phone camera while pressing a button. If you see a light flashing, the remote is working. Now look at the Roku player and make sure again that nothing is blocking the IR signal. Reboot the Roku. If it still doesn't work, the Roku has likely failed. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos