Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RCT2
Level 7

Which 4k Roku products work with a Logitech Harmony hub and remote?

I have a Logitech Harmony Hub and Remote (Ultimate Harmony Home) and want to purchase a 4K Roku device that can be controlled by the Harmony.  Do I need a Roku with and IR receiver and if so, which models have that?  I also read that the Harmony can connect to the Roku through your local WiFi network so maybe IR is not necessary.  Please advise.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Which 4k Roku products work with a Logitech Harmony hub and remote?

I don't know about Harmony wifi capability, but any Roku unit that does not have "Stick" in its name can be controlled by IR.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
MTCordCutter
Level 7

Not sure you got an answer, but I found that the Roku Ultra worked with Harmony  (I have the Hub) but you did not get the remote options for customizing the remote, everything needed “teaching”.  I took it back and got the Streaming Stick 4K,  When doing the “search” method to find the device, it kept wanting to connect the Vizio SoundBar.  What I discovered was the Roku Steaming Stick 4K was to new to be in the Harmony Library of devices, so I manually entered the Streaming Stick +  Model 3810, worked like a charm.  Harmony doesn’t care what model, just that it's a stick.  I renamed it to 4K to remind me which Hub I was on, and it works fine.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You need a hub to control the sticks.  If you don't have one, no Harmony remote will control a stick.                                              

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
oraclerb
Level 7

I purchased a new streaming stick 4k and I'm trying to add it to harmony hub/remote. When I add a new device and enter Roku as Manufacturer and Streaming Stick or Streaming Stick Plus as Device model (it doesn't find any entries for Streaming Stick 4k version), and then scan for Devices, it doesn't find my Roku on the network. If I just scan for devices, it sees my Roku Streaming Stick 4k (3280X) as a Vizio SB3820x-C6 (which is a sound bar). If I select this, it doesn't work to control the roku stick.

How did you manually entered the Streaming Stick +  Model 3810 and get it to work??

0 Kudos