Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkg123
Visitor

What remote is compatible with the 3600X Roku Streaming Stick?

We lost our remote for the 3600x Streaming Stick.  What is a compatible Roku remote?  I would think it would be the Roku Standard IR Remote (for $14.99) but the Roku site does not show the 3600X as compatible (alternative question is what is the equivalent Roku model to the 3600X)?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: What remote is compatible with the 3600X Roku Streaming Stick?

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing. 

We recommend using the Roku Voice Remote as a replacement remote for your Roku Streaming Stick.

You can find this item here on our accessories page: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pkg123
Visitor

Is the standard IR Remote for $14.99 also compatible with this model?
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi,

The Roku Standard IR Remote will not be compatible with your Roku Streaming Stick 3600x as that device requires an enhanced "point-anywhere" remote. 

For more information regarding the different type of remotes, please feel free to visit out support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013256808-what-type-of-remote-control-does-my-roku-device-use-

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Roku Guru

"pkg123" wrote:
Is the standard IR Remote for $14.99 also compatible with this model?

The reason the IR remote isn't compatible is because in most cases the stick will be plugged in out of sight, and an IR remote requires the device it's pointed to be ",in sight" which is why Roku made it a RF only device.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos

Danny, your link doesn't work it returns a code 404, and the Roku Voice Remote is listed as "coming soon"

@RokuDanny-R wrote:
Hi,

We recommend using the Roku Voice Remote as a replacement remote for your Roku Streaming Stick.

You can find this item here on our accessories page: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Dangermanmi6, where are you located?  Either of these will work with a 3600 stick:

Roku Voice Remote Pro 
Roku Voice Remote 

The Pro is only available in stores right now (at least in the US).  If you're not in the US, you'll probably need to find something online.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
carebear

RokuDanny-R

The link you provided takes me to a page that tells me I'm lost. So that does not help. 

If the solution is to buy a voice remote because it is the only remote that will work with a wifi 3600X stick, this is a poor value solution. A voice remote on Amazon is as much as a whole new stick and remote. And the Amazon page is not guaranteeing it will work with an old device. I have a very old stick device.

@Dangermanmi6,  left a link to Roku Voice Remote that is not available. It says it is coming soon. I am in Canada so the Pro version may not be available. 

I know I am not looking for an IR remote. Is there a reasonably priced solution RokuDanny-R?

Thank you for your time,

Fred

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@carebear

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that we do not market Roku remotes in Canada. You may need to check with online retailers for available Roku remotes.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pinkjwk

Thank you!  That explains why I was having a problem getting the  voice remote to respond properly.  An HDMI extension will solve the problem.

0 Kudos