Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Week old Streaming Stick+, remote blinking, won't pair

I have a week old Streaming Stick+ (my third) which worked fine until yesterday when the remote stopped working.   The pairing light is constantly blinking and the remote will not pair.  Is there a way to reset the remote?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Week old Streaming Stick+, remote blinking, won't pair

No, there's no way to reset a remote, I would try new batteries, and re-pair it. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I forgot to mention that I tied new batteries with no luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@GoPadge 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend taking a look at our troubleshooting steps for your remote on our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I’m having the same problem and have followed all the steps. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having same problem. One week old and work great until today. Remote will not pair. I have spent all day repeating over and over all of the suggestions on both roku website and the forum. Very disappointed. I do not want to go back to paying for cable!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Try unplugging the wifi router, just during pairing. 

Unplug the power cable from the stick+, plug it back in, when the roku is bouncing start pressing and holding the pairing button in the battery compartment, when the roku stops bouncing let up on the pairing key for sec and start pressing again until you get confirmation its paired. Do this with fresh batteries, do not rely on the age and little use of the batteries to confirm they're fresh. 

"I did all that!" BS, KEEP TRYING!!!

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Didn’t work. What would go wrong with a remote or batteries after one week? 

0 Kudos