Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davy49
Level 7

Wanting To Use UVerse Remote To Control Hisense 65R7E1 Roku TV

Hi,

First of all, I just wanted to state that at least so far..I think my new tv is one of / if not the best one I've ever purchased ! Now if I can just get my setup issue solved I'll be so happy, when I first powered up my new tv of course I received the 'Let's Get Started' screen. Then when I got to the 'Let's Connect Your Devices' screen, I might have inadvertently chose the wrong item when I was choosing the device that's connected to the HDMI 1 connection..I have a UVerse DVR (VIP 2250) connected there. When I was choosing an item label for that connection I chose 'Cable Box', I'm wondering if I should have chosen 'DVR' instead ? What I'd like to be able to do is have one of the AT&T UVerse supplied remote's (S10-S4 - S30-S1A) to be able to control at the the power & volume of my new tv. I've tried my best to use the supplied code's for Hisense brand of tv included in the AT&T UVerse supplied user guide, but so far I haven't had any luck getting this setup properly. Has any other user in here had a similar issue, and if so how did you correct it ? Thanks so much for any valid suggestions that might be offered, I really want to be able to use as few remote's as possible.

Sincerely,

David W.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 13

Re: Wanting To Use UVerse Remote To Control Hisense 65R7E1 Roku TV

Try the LG tv codes.

0 Kudos
Davy49
Level 7

Hi Tivoburkee,

Thanks so much for your reply, I will !  In your opinion, as far as the other item I mentioned in my original post...when choosing setup device's, should I have chosen 'DVR' instead of 'Cable Box' for the UVerse DVR ?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 13

It doesn't really matter because usually you rewire your tv, and you're not going to want to rename each input again, so you get use to the wrong name on the inputs. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Davy49
Level 7

Hi Tivoburkee,

Thanks again for a reply, I guess I was thinking it was an 'electronic' kind of thing..I thought the tv would somehow realize it wasn't trying to control a cable box and should have been dvr instead. You will have to forgive me, as this tv requires a LOT of learning on my part..compared with our previous non 4k tv.

David 

0 Kudos