Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Vudu launching by itself

Jump to solution

Even if your roku remote doesn't have a vudu key, the roku will respond to a command that would change it to vudu app, and if you have another devices remote that uses similar IR code it could interfere with each  other. I have 5 hdmi switch whose remote commands are the same as my tcl roku tv, hdmi 1 on the switch trips the option * command on the tv, where hdmi 5 is the same as mute on the tv. So it might just be then tv volume or mute that initiates the vudu command? Anythings possible. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SusanGillespie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Has this been resolved yet? Mine is also doing this after several reboots. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SusanGillespie

Thanks for the post.

Does your remote by any chance have a Vudu quick button on it?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SusanGillespie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

it does not

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SusanGillespie

Thanks for the post.

Do you use the Vudu channel on your Roku device? Have you tried removing the channel to see if you are still experiencing the issue? 

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we can pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SadieEmma

Jump to solution

Same issue....

It's like you are fighting to stay out of vudu. It's forcing you there and won't let you out of it. When you go back if you can get back to the himescreen it launches you back to vudu. It's become useless.. why would i purchase another one if this happens. I don't know how to fix this. 

Updates in settings doesn't help either. 

0 Kudos
Jack8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s most likely your remote control. Take the batteries out of your remote. You will need to use the Roku remote app or a good remote. should work fine now.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My Roku tv is doing the same. Vudu Launching by itself and freezes. Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Anniecancel

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

For us to isolate the cause of the problem, please answer the following:

1. Have you tried removing Vudu from your channel lineup?
  2. Does your Roku remote have Vudu as a shortcut button? 
  3. Could you try using the Roku mobile app as a remote when your TV launched Vudu by itself then see if you are able to navigate the channel's user interface? 

Feel free to check this Support article to know how the Roku mobile app works: How do I install the Roku® mobile app?

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gina74

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue but my TV and everything is freezing up. I don’t have Vudu but somehow my email is in the settings, figured that out once I was able to get to the settings after about 15 minutes of cussing it. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos