Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Vudu launching by itself

Jump to solution

Hello @Gina74

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? Does your Roku freeze without it automatically launches any channels? 

We'll be able to assist you once we have further details of your concern.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lbjr

Jump to solution

The same thing is happening to me. When I press the volume buttons it sends me to Vudu. The only workaround is use the Roku app on my phone … my children do not have a phone or a Roku app. Please advise. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Jack8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m afraid your remote has a bug. Take the batteries out and throw it away. My remote would select Vudu without even pushing a button. It was a nightmare until I figured out it was the remote. You can buy a genuine Roku remote directly from Roku. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine also launches vudu all by its self. We have the remote that has netflix, sling, hulu and a vudu button. No matter how many times you reset the roku it automatically opens to vudu ;( 

I saw the comment to use the phone app instead of remote, that so far works but would prefer my actual remote to work. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@CouchSURFER619, make sure that Vudu button isn't stuck.  If you have a can of compressed air try blowing it out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wintersoldier
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If it is a remote "bug".  We should not have to buy a new remote, Roku should supply the replacement remote for free

Samantha0813
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just use a safety pin to reset your Roku, there is a small button that n the back of the Roku. Hold that button for ten seconds then let go. Your remote should work correctly after.

0 Kudos
Samantha0813
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just use a safety pin to reset your Roku, there is a small button that n the back of the Roku. Hold that button for ten seconds then let go. Your remote should work correctly after.

0 Kudos
pmf0419

Jump to solution

I have had my roku for 2 & 1/2 years, and today it started automatically loading vudu, and it won't let me back out.  I do not watch vudu, so I do not ever press the vudu button, so it is not possible that the vudu button is stuck on.  I have done the reset for the roku twice, and it still keeps happening.  Paula

0 Kudos
pmf0419

Jump to solution

I have Comcast/Xfinity as a provider, and I, daily, use their live tv streaming app.  This morning, I cannot watch my favorite channel, as I get an error, and then vudu takes over.  It kept happening.  I reset the roku twice, then chose a different channel on my Comcast/Xfinity app, which worked successfully, but when I tried to back up, like normal, to see all of the other channels, to make another choice, vudo took over again.  

0 Kudos