Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wintersoldier
Reel Rookie

Vudu launching by itself

Jump to solution

I just recently purchased Roku Ultra LT from Walmart.   Recently without warning the unit suddenly launches into "VUDU" app.  I am not even touching the "Vudu" button on the remote or not even near the remote.  Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Vudu launching by itself

Jump to solution

@GodisLove 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
39 REPLIES 39
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
Only thing that comes to mind:
Examine the Vudu button closely. Is it stuck in a depressed or partially depressed position?
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

On recently upgraded roku's bought at Walmart there is an advertisement in the menu list to the left on the home page, usually where the Fandango Now is on non-walmart bought rokus. Its not like the true vudu app there is no library of titles you might have bought, there is rows of titles you can buy and rent, an advertisement. You could have some how launched that?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jackie316

Jump to solution

My Roku is doing the same thing ... launching vudu constantly. I have tried unplugging the roku to reboot it and it doesn’t seem to help. Soooooo annoying HELP

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jackie316 

Thanks for the post.

Does your remote have a Vudu button on it? Have you made sure to check if the button is stuck or lodged by any chance?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GodisLove
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The vudu button is not stuck and my Roku is launching vudu by itself, help please.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@GodisLove 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JAZIII

Jump to solution

I have no vudu button and on 2 of my ROKU devices, vudu continues to try to load. Did system update and deleted the channel it just wants me to add it.  And continues in a loop all is stuck and no other options from regular remote or phone app based remote.  HELP!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JAZIII

Thanks for the update.

Have you tried removing the channel and then trying to to perform a factory reset on the Roku device to see if you are still experiencing the issue?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jack8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have found that a bad remote can cause the VUDU launch problem. It will interfere with your other remote if you have one. It seems to randomly transmit a signal even turning on the tv if quick launch is enabled. I took the batteries out of the suspect remote and all is well. 

0 Kudos