Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Volume won’t stop climbing

I just got a Roku stick and the volume keeps climbing to a 100 by itself. I know this is very common because I have googled many othe instances of this happening to other Roku users. So please do not say that it’s unheard of. 
There has to be a cure. Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Volume won’t stop climbing

Check the room for other IR sources, stuck button, remote under cushion, baby monitor whatever? It sounds like IR intereference for sure. 

Its usually a repeating command like volume that gets caught in a feedback loop along with IR from the culprit IR command.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Ok so I have never had an issue with volume before. That is until I plugged in this stick. I just got rid of the fire stick for Roku. The fire stick, apple tv, whatever else has never had this problem. No babys anymore so no interference. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Take the batteries out of the remote as a troubleshooting step. If the problem stops, that eliminates the remote as the source of the problem.

If the problem continues with the remote disabled, try restarting your Roku.  Settings > System  > System restart.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos