Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taminke
Level 7

Volume on Remote Shuts TV off

When I use the Roku remote to adjust the volume the TV shuts off or Roku shuts off and the screen sits black.  It will eventually come back to the main screen but nothing happens when trying to turn the remote or channel on.  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Volume on Remote Shuts TV off

Brand and model of tv and of course the roku? I would repair the remote to the roku, then program the tv again, but skip the first code that mutes the music, click no and try a different code later on in the process. See if you have better outcome. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
taminke
Level 7

LG TV 

express Roku Streaming device  .SNYF0068798834

How do you repair the remote?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Only wifi remotes have tv controls, a wifi remote has to be paired to roku for the tv controls to work. So I'm saying is re-pair to roku even though it's controlling roku. To re-pair:

settings> remote & devices> pair a new remote> follow the prompts

Edmund
0 Kudos
taminke
Level 7

I have re-paired the remote and it still shuts off.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

We are trying to get the remote to use a different code then the one that turns off the tv, so just pairing it to the roku again wasn't all I asked you to do, you were to program it for tv, and skip the first positive result and try a subsequent code.

settings> remote & devices> remote in use> program tv> now follow the prompts but skip the first one that mutes the music and try one further on. 

Edmund
0 Kudos