Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SolubleFish
Level 7

Volume no longer controlled by Roku.

Total newbie so any help is appreciated. I have an onkyo nr636 and LG Oled tv. Recently my Roku 4 died so I replaced with a Roku ultra. Nothing but problems since. The latest issue is that the volume on the receiver is no longer controlled by the Roku remote which used to work perfectly with the Roku 4. Can anyone please help troubleshoot how to get it to work again on the ultra? It worked for a while but after a hdmi handshake issue had to rest both and now it won't work. Please help if you can. Thank you!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Volume no longer controlled by Roku.

For the Roku volume buttons to work as they did with your Roku 4, it uses what is called Consumer Electronics Control (CEC). In the Roku menu, go to System/Control other Devices, and make sure 1-Touch Play is enabled. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

Re: Volume no longer controlled by Roku.

For the Roku player to control the volume of the AVR, the TV and AVR must have System Audio Control enabled.
If the TV remote controls the volume of the AVR it should be on. If the TV remote is not controlling the volume of the AVR you will need to reenable it.
0 Kudos