Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Volume control

Jump to solution

I have a new streaming stick + . Everything seems good except the volume only responds to one push at a time. I must push button 20 times to get the volume to 20.  My TV remote will scroll up or down if I hold the volume button.  My other streaming stick + will scroll volume on its TV. I have tried volume settings but don't find any that fix this. Is there a fix for this ? I removed the batteries and that didn't work.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Volume control

Jump to solution

Still redo it, don't use the same one you did before by skipping the first one that mutes the music by telling it was NO. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Is this a samasung tv? Redo to the tv programming skip the first positive result, click no that music didn't stop and try other codes later on that might have better results. Many universal and oem remotes have the wrong protocol for samsung tvs, results non-repeating volume commands. Some have a corrected code that has the right protocol. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's Toshiba

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Still redo it, don't use the same one you did before by skipping the first one that mutes the music by telling it was NO. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Fixed,

I did the remote reprograming which originally was on 5th try and got music stop on 6-8 (clicked no) but that didn't work. Made my way up to 50 and it said can't program your Toshiba. But had the option to start again and music then stopped on first choice.  ??  Now my volume works as it should.

Not sure what I did but it's resolved.  Ha! 

So if anyone has this problem try this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

You might find it isn't sending a toshiba command for volume and power, but instead its send Roku commands that when the roku sees it it sends a hdmi-cec signal to the tv its connected with. If its true toshiba IR command it would still control the tv if the roku was unplugged, if it doesn't control the tv anymore with roku unplugged its a roku commands as I had guessed. Smiley Happy Just glad it worked out. 

Edmund