Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Volume buttons change display settings and activate USB port on Sharp TV

If you can please post your serial number / DeviceID (Settings > System > About), we can investigate the issue in more detail.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
rwlake
Level 7

Good morning all, I have tried two different brand new Roku Streaming Sticks with my Sharp 55" Class 4K (2160p) HDR Smart LED TV (LC-55P6000U) purchased from Walmart in November 2017. Rokus were both purchased from Amazon and the current one S/N is YF00GY725002.

Each time I set up the Roku remote to control the TV volume, the Roku remote "UP" volume button changes the source to the USB port in addition to increasing the volume and the "DOWN" volume button changes the display settings (Sport vs. Movie vs. Vibrant, etc.) in addition to lowering the volume.

When intially setting it up, the Roku does not automatically recognize the TV so I have to manually select the Sharp brand. After that the music comes on, does not go off with the first code, but does go off with the second. 

I have tried it with and without CEC disabled on the TV and with and without one touch disabled in Roku settings.

I have tried it with the Roku plugged into both the HDMI1 and HDMI3 ports.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 
Russell
0 Kudos
lzicc
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
If you can please post your serial number / DeviceID (Settings > System > About), we can investigate the issue in more detail.

Serial number is: YJ0097747529 and the DeviceID is: CK3869747529.
0 Kudos
Chastidy
Level 7

Same problem with my sharp tv.. any fix yet?
0 Kudos
MetalBender
Level 7

So I tried this on my Sharp TV and and when you pair your remote to the tv the music stopped on code 2 (for me), this is the code that wasn't working properly. I unmuted the TV with the TV remote and continued to hit "no" until the music shut off again (for me it was code 9) now all the buttons appear to work fine.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"MetalBender" wrote:
So I tried this on my Sharp TV and and when you pair your remote to the tv the music stopped on code 2 (for me), this is the code that wasn't working properly. I unmuted the TV with the TV remote and continued to hit "no" until the music shut off again (for me it was code 9) now all the buttons appear to work fine.

^^ THIS! ^^

This is exactly what you're supposed to do. If the first code doesn't fully work -- that is, only some stuff works and other stuff doesn't -- then you go to the next code.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Chastidy
Level 7

This worked for me too! Thank you so much for your help!
0 Kudos
Ejhein
Level 7

This worked for me, posted from:
MetalBender wrote:
0 Kudos
Ejhein
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
"MetalBender" wrote:

^^ THIS! ^^

Worked perfectly for me
0 Kudos

Dude it worked!! I have a sharp and i also have a vizio and tried this trick an works perfectly now!! Thanks bro!!
0 Kudos